For late fees of Rs 1,000, you must now pick AY 24-25 and the method of payment as Other Receipts (500).
Even though the government has extended the deadline for residents to connect their permanent account number or PAN with Aadhaar to June 30, there is a modification in the form that you should be aware of. The PAN-Aadhaar linkage now carries a Rs 1,000 late cost, with the option to select the assessment year (AY) when paying the penalty. The AY option has been revised by the income tax department.
Update on PAN-Aadhaar Linking
The income tax department has now modified the AY choice. For late fees of Rs 1,000, you must now pick AY 24-25 and the method of payment as Other Receipts (500). You choose AY 23-24 before the earlier deadline of March 31, 2023.
How to Connect PAN to Aadhaar
Using the Income Tax Department’s Portal
Step 1: Go to ‘https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/’, the I-T department’s e-filing portal.
Step 2: Under the ‘Quick Links’ area of the webpage, select the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option.
Step 3: This will take you to a new page where you must input your PAN number, Aadhaar number, and other information such as your name.
- Enter ‘UIDPAN 12 digit Aadhaar number > 10-digit PAN’.
- Use your registered mobile number to send this SMS to 56161 or 567678.
How to Find Out When Your PAN Is Already Connected to Aadhaar
- View the status of the PAN-Aadhaar link without logging in at www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/.
- On the e-filing portal site, go to ‘Quick Links’ and click on ‘Link Aadhaar Status’.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar Number, and then click ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’.
After successful confirmation, a message about your Link Aadhaar Status will be displayed.
If the Aadhaar-Pan link is active, the following notification will appear on the screen:
Your Aadhaar-PAN connection request has been forwarded to UIDAI for review. Please check the status later by going to the Home Page and clicking on the ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ link.
If the Aadhaar PAN linkage is successful, the following message will be displayed:
Your PAN is already connected to your Aadhaar number.
If your PAN is not linked to Aadhaar by June 30, the following services will be discontinued:
1) You will be unable to file a tax return with an inactive PAN.
2) Incomplete tax returns will not be processed.
3) Tax refunds that are pending cannot be issued to inactive PANs.
4) Pending processes, such as those involving defective returns, cannot be completed once the PAN is rendered inoperative.
5) As PAN becomes inoperative, tax will be required to be deducted at a higher rate.
Read Here Trending News: Latestsportsupdates